Sweet Peas Early Learning Centre Shares A New Recipe
12th December 2016
One of our amazingly dedicated centre cooks, David at Sweet Peas Early Learning Centre, has developed a new menu full of homemade goodies packed with nutritional goodness that are great for our little people.
David believes it is really important to encourage children to eat foods low in salt and sugar as it will benefit their physical, mental and emotional health, as well as their behaviour. It is amazing how quickly children can adapt to trying the new flavours and foods when given the opportunity.
We would like to share with you one of the recipes he has developed which is great for the whole family. Enjoy!
Cannellini Bean Dip
- 2 bulb garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 x400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- Preheat oven to 200oc.
- Chop top from garlic to show cloves. Place bulb in the centre of a 20cm piece of foil. Drizzle with 2 teaspoon olive oil. Twist foil at top to enclose.
- Roast for 50 minutes then let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out garlic from skin.
- Place garlic, beans, ½ cup olive oil in a food processor. Season and process until smooth.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with sliced up Turkish, Lebanese or pita bread.
Most Guardian centres prepare their own meals on-site each day*, using the freshest, seasonal ingredients and menus are rotated regularly to ensure variety. Learn more about nutrition at our early learning centres.
* Some centres may vary.
Looking for the right Childcare Centre for your Family?
Submit your details and a member of our Concierge Team will be in touch to discuss what you need and how we can help you experience something more than childcare.
We'll be in touch soon.