Culinary Corner: Choco Bliss Balls
5th May 2017
Go into any café and you’ll probably see bliss balls sitting pretty on the counter. But did you know they are super easy for you and your children to make yourselves? We take inspiration from Sam Hall’s family from Wallaby Street Early Learning Centre for this sweet and chocolately bliss balls recipe.
According to Sam’s mum, “The hardest part about this recipe is leaving the mixture to stand without eating it all!”
Choco Bliss Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates (we recommend medjool)
- 1 cup of nuts of your choice (almonds, cashews, macadamias or a combination works)
- 3 tbs organic cacao powder
- 2 heaped tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of bowl and blend again. If the mixture is too dry, add 1tbs water
- Roll into balls using around 1 heaped tbs per ball
- Coat balls in shredded coconut or raw cacao if desired
- Refrigerate for around one hour until set
- Keep your bliss balls in the fridge so they don’t melt.
- Bliss balls can be stored in the freezer and brought to room temperature to eat.
Looking for more recipes to make with your children?
Looking for the right Childcare Centre for your Family?
Submit your details and a member of our Concierge Team will be in touch to discuss what you need and how we can help you experience something more than childcare.
We'll be in touch soon.